The 2018 Construction Career Awareness Day / Hiring Event was a Success!
The Gaston Workforce Development Board would like to thank all employers, demonstrators, providers and other supporters of the 2018 Construction Career Awareness Day & Hiring Event that was held on April 11th, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Sims Legion Park. This event welcomed over 800+ Gaston County students and 26 Employers/Providers!
- Hands-on construction activities and demonstrations for Vocational High School and Middle School Students
- Competitive construction trade challenges
- Construction Career Booths sponsored by employers.
- Summer Internship opportunities for “Top-Notch” Students
- Hiring Event “Open to the Public” from 2:30pm -5pm for Company recruitments
- Lunch provided by the Gaston County Workforce Development Board from Will’s Doggn’ It.
The Gaston Workforce Development Board would like to recognize the following supporters for their extra efforts in making this special event such a success!
- City of Gastonia
- Beam’s Construction
- Dellinger Electric
- Gastonia Plumbing & Heating
- Carolinas AGC
- Stanley Black & Decker
- E.S Wagner
- Wayne Brothers
- Gaston Natural Resources
- John E. Jenkins Construction
- Gaston County Building Inspections
- Recore Electric
- Sundop – Choice USA
- Sam’s Club
- Charlotte Paint
- Morgan’s Bootery
- EF Lambardi
- Bill Wade Associates
- Light Source
- Cutler & Hammer – Eaton
- Satco Lighting
- Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair
- NC Department of Transportation
- Viking Steel Services
- Gaston County Emergency Medical Services
- Gaston County Schools
Also, the Gaston County Workforce Development Board will recognize “Top Notch” construction students by supplying them with “tools of their trade”.