Response Packet Documents Forms Applicable to Request for Proposals Youth
To Request for Proposals
Gaston County Workforce Development Program
Response Packet Documents Forms Applicable
To Request for Proposals
Program Year 2021
(July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022)
with option to extend
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Notice of Request for Proposals Announcement:
Thursday April 22, 2021RFP Release Date: Friday April 23, 2021 DUE DATE: May 14, 2021 12:00 Noon (Eastern Standard Time) The Gaston County Workforce Development Program is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Table of Contents Forms Applicable to Request for Proposal – Program Year 2021 Response Packet Documents Proposal Cover Sheet 3 Key Partners/Community References page 4 Proposal Checklist 5 Baseline Requirements 6 Budget Summary 7 Budget Detail 8 Planned Performance 9 Statement of Compliance 10 Proposal Cover Page (corresponds to page 21 in Youth RFP Package): Lead Agency Name: Mailing Address: Physical Address:________________________________________________________________ Contact Person: Phone: Fax: Email: Applying As: q Single Agency/Organization q Consortium of (#) Partners Partner Agency Name(s): Population to be served: qOut of School Youth qIn-School Youth Indicate the appropriate services(s) proposed in this RFP and budget summary: BUDGET SUMMARY: $ % of total Number of participants to be served: Cost per participant served: Key Partners Page (corresponds to page 22 in Youth RFP Package): Please provide names of the partner organizations with which you will have contractual relationship for the provision of services. Community References Provide contact information on community references that can talk about your workforce development experience. If your organization or partners in your proposal have not provided WIOA Youth services in the Gaston County Workforce Development local area previously, please include a list of names and community references that can talk about your experience working with WIOA eligible clients. Name: Phone: Agency: Email: ________________________ Address: Name: Phone: Agency: Email: ________________________ Address: Name: Phone: Agency: Email: ________________________ Address: To the best of my knowledge and belief, all information in this application is true and correct, the document has been duly authorized by the governing body of the applicant, and the applicant will comply with the attached assurances if the contract is awarded. Typed Name of Authorized Representative Title of Authorized Representative ________ Signature of Authorized Representative Telephone Number Date Proposal Checklist (corresponds to page 22 in Youth RFP Package): It is the contractor’s responsibility to make sure that all required elements and forms are included in the proposal. Proposals that do not include the required elements and forms will be automatically disqualified. No exceptions will be granted. If you have questions about the requirements or feel that special circumstances apply to your proposal, please submit a question in writing to the Gaston Workforce Development Program to be answered by email. Before submitting your proposal, check the following: q One original proposal and required documents plus 3 hard copies
- Proposal Response Package Requirements
- 1. Proposal Cover Page
- 2. Proposal Checklist
- 3. Proposal Summary
- 4. Baseline Requirements
- 5. Organizational Experience and Past Performance
- 6. Relationships and Collaboration
- 7. Program Design and Staffing
- 8. Program Cost and Performance
- A. Budget Summary and Detail Form and Narrative
- B. Outcome measurements for success and improvement
- C. Planned Performance Forms and Narrative
- 9. Transition Plan
- 10. Statement of Compliance Form
|Yes q||No q||With decreased funding and increased need, agree that the most money possible will be spent directly on participants without compromising the success and realistic costs of the program.|
|Yes q||No q||Utilize assessment tools as the measure of literacy and numeracy skill gains.|
|Yes q||No q||Meet and exceed the negotiated measures as determined by the state of North Carolina for the Gaston County Workforce Development Program|
|Yes q||No q||Commit to collaborating with fellow WIOA youth service providers by sharing internal resources to strengthen the quality of programs system-wide.|
|Yes q||No q||Commit to working with Gaston County Workforce Development Program Youth Committee to build a youth workforce development system that tracks an individual youth through the lifetime of their participation in the program(s) until employment or Entrance into postsecondary education is achieved.|
|Yes q||No q||Commit to collaborating with other Gaston County Workforce Development Program initiatives by participating in and providing referrals for, including but not limited to: industry partnerships, work Experience initiatives, Apprenticeships, On-The-Job Training opportunities and other programs.|
|Yes q||No q||Commit to collaborating with NC Department of Labor and Industry.|
- Summarize total WIOA funds requested from Section 2 below.
- Summarize total non-WIOA funds from Section 2 below. State the sources and specific purpose of the funds in Section 3 – Budget Narrative. Please use real dollars, not in-kind services.
|Gaston County||In-School Youth||Out-of-School Youth||Total|
|Non-WIOA (other leveraged funds)|
|qOut of School Youth (OSY) qIn-School Youth (ISY)||Gaston County||Other Funding Sources||Total|
|Total Personnel and Operating Expenses||$||$||$|
|Total Participant Expenses||$||$||$|
|Other – please describe||$||$||$|
|Gaston County||In-School Youth||Out-of-School Youth||Total|
|Number of Exits|
|Number of Carryovers|
|Number Placed in Employment, Post-Secondary, or Military|
|Number that achieved Measurable Skills Gains|
|Program Retention Rate|
|Cost Per Participant|
- That the above named proposer is legally authorized to submit this application requesting funding under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- That the above-named proposer does hereby agree to execute all work related to this application in accordance with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, U.S. Department of Labor, State of North Carolina Department of Labor and Industry issuances, Gaston County Workforce Development Program policies and guidelines, and other administrative requirements issued by the State of North Carolina. The vendor shall notify the Gaston Workforce Development Program in writing within 30 calendar days after issuance of any amended directives if it cannot so comply with the amendments; and
- That the above named proposer will ensure special efforts to prevent fraud and other program abuses, such as but not limited to, deceitful practices, intentional misconduct, willful misrepresentation, and improper conduct which may or may not be fraudulent in nature; and
- That the contents of the proposal are truthful and accurate and the above named proposer agrees to comply with the policies stated in this proposal and that this proposal represents a firm request subject only to mutually agreeable negotiations; and that the above named proposer is in agreement that the Gaston County reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal and that the above-named proposer has not been debarred or suspended from receiving federal grants, contracts, or assistance; and that the above-named proposer waives any right to claims against the members and staff of the Gaston County Workforce Development Board and staff.
- By submitting a proposal, proposer agrees:
- To comply with the President’s Executive Order #11375 and Executive Order #11246, which prohibit discrimination in employment regarding race, creed, color, sex or national origin.
- To comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- The following items (in addition to other requirements listed in the RFP) will be part of any contract that might result from the RFP document:
- Contract shall be subject to the laws of North Carolina.
- Any litigation arising from the contract shall take place in Gaston County, North Carolina for state court issues and in Charlotte, North Carolina for federal court litigation.
- A non-funding clause must be in any agreement extending into a new fiscal year.
- Gaston County will not indemnify nor pay for court costs or attorney fees for any reason for the vendor.
- In the event that the successful contractor is unable to perform the agreements and terms of contract, Gaston County may, at its election, terminate the contract. Performance of contract shall be in a manner satisfactory and acceptable to Gaston County, who shall be the sole judge of quality and performance.
- E-verify requirements – the following wording will be included in any contract: