The JobLink Center meets the employment needs of the Gaston County area by providing timely, easily accessible employment and training services in developing, and utilizing their career-related skills, while providing employers with access to qualified job applicants and to labor market services.
Employment services are provided for both Job Seekers and Employers.
Job Seeker Services
There are many services available for job seekers to prepare and return to work.
- Job Listings - Internet access available to ESC job listings and other sites such as America's Job Bank, North Carolina's Job Bank, etc.
- Job Placement - The JobLink Career Center has many programs available to assist job seekers in finding employment. Provided through ESC and utilizing links with partners such as WorkFirst Employment Services, WIA Job Development, Goodwill Industries, Experience Works, In-House Employer visits, and Career Fairs.
- Work Registration - Customers can register with the local Employment Security Commission, Internet job boards, partner staffing agencies and NC JobLink MIS links.
- Labor Market Information - Information can be obtained on-site at the JobLink Center or through the Internet at www.ncesc.com. Makes job seekers aware of opportunities, imbalances, fluctuations, and trends in the job market.
- Career Information and Guidance - Counselor available for individual career counseling to help in the analysis of strengths and weaknesses of educational level, work history, vocational skills, or identification of employment barriers and development of a plan of action.
- Unemployment Insurance Info / Filing - Function administered through Employment Security Commission however, all partner staff are aware of basic filing information and options to provide necessary referrals.
- Training / Education Information - JobLink provides an abundance of resources through its partners. Customers can obtain information about education and training statewide, including degree programs, occupational training, literacy, basic skills, job readiness and resume preparation. Customers can utilize other resources at the JobLink Career Center including help with Dislocated Worker Program, Older Worker Program, and Trade Adjustment Assistance.
Employers are encouraged to contact JobLink about meeting both temporary and permanent employment demands and accessing labor market services that are available. Hiring managers can post a job and find a candidate, as well as, access employment statistics and economic data through the Gaston County JobLink web site.
- Employment Recruitment Assistance - The Gaston County JobLink serves as a One-Stop job pool for employers from any industry. With the various partners involved in the JobLink we can provide employers with potential job candidates possessing varied educational and cultural backgrounds, as well as, having completed a comprehensive pre-employment screening free of charge prior to referral. The JobLink can advertise employer's vacant positions, pre-screen all applicants, and schedule an in-house interview session or in the manner preferred by the employer.
- Worker Training Information - The partnership with the local community college system and other training providers allows JobLink to offer businesses with custom training options through JobLink.
- Tax Credit and Hiring Incentive Information - Information available to assist employers with federal and state tax credits for hiring of individuals meeting the criteria.
- Employer Informational Sessions - Yearly event to provide local employers with varied topics pertaining to business needs.
Contact JobLink Center
JobLink Location (map)